Areas of Practice
As much as people often come to counselling to focus on a specific issue or ‘symptom,’ it is also common to talk to a professional without a clear sense of the problem. Sometimes, we just have a feeling that something isn’t quite right or that things could be better. Counselling can be highly effective in helping us to get a better sense of what’s going on. Clarity, in and of itself, can be life changing - and can offer insight into possibilities for further work and deeper healing.
We will work together to determine what you would like to get out of counselling and to identify how we can best meet your needs. If you would like to discuss how we can work together, please contact me for a free 30-minute consultation.
Please see the Frequently Ask Questions section for further details.
The following are some specific areas included in my practice:
- Transition & Adjustment
- Childhood Experiences / Family of Origin
- Grief & Loss
- Addictions* (including 'process addictions' - i.e., pornography & shopping. My work with addictions is limited. Please contact me for details)
- Managing Emotions
- Working with Anger
- Behaviour Change
- Men’s Issues (including 'nice guy syndrome')
- Career Counselling and Professional Issues
- Relaxation and Stress Management
- Motivation - Addressing procrastination and other issues that get in the way of achievement
- Goal Development and Attainment
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Growth and Development
- Existential & Spiritual Issues
I am an authorized service provider for the BC Crime Victims Assistance Program.